How to improve digestion naturally at home?
Finally, there is some consensus about the real significance of digestive health. Now we know for sure that a headache, backache, inflexibility, mood disorders, anxiety, skin issues, hormonal issues and many other problems start from an inefficient digestive health.
In Ayurveda, all healing starts from the gut, and only after a deep cleanse, does the treatment begin. Rightly so, because till the system is filled with toxins from years, how will any therapy or treatment ever work. What allopathy does is treat the symptoms. Painkillers for stomachache, antacid for acid reflux, laxatives for constipation. right????
But how much has that helped?
The need of the hour is to treat not just the symptoms, but the root cause of the problem.
How to improve your digestion with home remedies and solutions?
- Eat only when hungry. Develop an awareness about food & do not eat just out of boredom or stress. Today we can solve many of our problems, by just eating less and only when hungry. Dont get me wrong as I am not suggesting starving at all. I am proposing being mindful of your body’s needs.
- Having some fresh crushed ginger with little salt and lemon juice 10 minutes before meals will activate the digestive enzymes ensuring better digetsion
- Stop all soda drinks. As a rule, there is 10.6gms of sugar per 100ml. This means that a 330ml can contains around 35gms of sugar which is 9 teaspoons of sugar. This sugar is your worst enemy as it not only corrodes your intestinal lining, robs the gut of the digestive juices, it contributes majorly to obesity & bowel cancer.
- Drink lemon juice with date paste or jaggery.
- Clean your palatte by eating fresh fruit, seasonal and organic, as far as possible.
- Pappaya & Pineapple are the best ruits for a good runnimg digestive system
- Some roasted feenel seeds wih jaggery will work wonders.
- Manage your stress and practice deep breathing regularly.
- Start your day with seasonal fruits only. and include papaya nd pineapples regularly in your diet.
- Fast once a week
- Moving on from diet,and food trends, build knowledge of your own body, listen to it, so that you can eat and live in a way that serves you. Understanding your body will put you in charge of your own health, so you can make choices based on what works best for your body.If you’re experiencing health disorders, understand that your body is trying to communicate with you.
- Speak to a health coach who can design a program as per your lifestyle and handhold you on this wondrful journey of taking charge of your health
So, to conclude, prioritize your gut health above everything else in life and you will be surprised at how your life will start getting transformed. Your body deserves the best and it all begins with a healthy holistic mindful approach towards life.